About Avesis

Avesis offers a full array of vision care plans tailored to meet the needs of a diversified healthcare employee benefits and Medicaid/Medicare market. Our vision care product lines include stand-alone fully insured programs, ASO contracts, discount plans and turn-key, Private Label solutions.

Our Background Operational Excellence and Expertise

Founded in 1978, Avesis Incorporated, a Delaware Corporation, is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, with executive offices in Owings Mills, Maryland and numerous regional sales/service offices throughout the country.

Over the past 35 years, Avesis has grown from a regional ancillary benefits program administrator, to a thriving organization with a national scope, offering a comprehensive product line of essential healthcare benefits designed for the commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Advantage market sectors, including routine vision, medical/surgical eye care and dental/oral health coverage, hearing and AbsoluteCARE our Patient Centered Medical Home Centers. Since its inception Avesis has developed, administered and refined its offerings to provide its clients with best-in-class product choices and services. We have proven expertise that enables us to cost-effectively deliver exceptional access to high quality providers and services. Today, we cover well over 8 million members in all 50 states.

We are a company that you can trust. Our success can be attributed to a corporate culture of doing whatever it takes to meeting our member needs. We are committed to maintaining our high customer satisfaction rating by making sure that our clients get the very best ancillary benefits, services, performance and pricing available.

Our Provider Networks Choice. Convenient. Caring.

Avesis customizes its provider networks, tailoring them to best address the special needs of our clients covered membership. All network providers are stringently credentialed in accordance with NCQA standards.

The Avesis vision care network is comprised of independent practicing optometrists and ophthalmologists as well as commercial retail chain locations in all 50 States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. This unique mix of providers blended by licensure and office location empowers our members with the ultimate choice; giving them greater access to both evening and weekend office hours. Currently, the nationwide Avesis vision care network is comprised of more than 53,000 access points.

This robust network ensures optimal member convenience. Our network is designed to give our members a vast selection of choices in terms of provider type and office setting to utilize their vision care benefits. Currently 68% of the Avesis provider network is comprised of independent Optometrists and Ophthalmologists. Retail chains account for the remaining 32%. Some of the retail chains that participate in the Avesis network are:

  • America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
  • Binyon'’s
  • Boscov'’s Optical
  • Costco
  • D.O.C. Optics
  • Doctor'’s Value Vision
  • Doctor’s Vision Works
  • Eye Care Centers of America
  • Eye DrX
  • EyeMasters
  • Eyeglass World
  • EyeMart
  • For Eyes Optical
  • Hour Eyes
  • JCPenney’s Optical
  • National Vision, Inc
  • Nationwide Vision
  • Pearle Vision
  • Rosin Eye Care
  • Sam’s Club Optical
  • Sears Optical
  • Shopko Optical
  • Stein Optical
  • Target Optical
  • Texas State Optical
  • Vision Works
  • Vision World
  • Wal-Mart Vision Center

Our Locations Right Where You Need Us